Top 7 Reasons Why Work From Home Is Necessary For IT People In This COVID World
The COVID-19 Pandemic has spread with an alarming speed. It has infected millions and brought economic activity to a near-standstill. All major countries across the world have imposed tight restrictions on movement to halt the spread of the virus. As the health and human toll grows, the economic damage is already evident and represents the largest economic shock the world has experienced in decades.
Now, the question of the hour is: How do we come out of this economic crisis? The answer for this lies in Work From Home Culture. IT companies have adopted work-from-home policy to contain the spread of corona virus while slowly driving the wheels of the economy.
There are many reasons as to how Work From Home() can be beneficial for IT people in the present situation. Let us discuss them one after another:
- Safety: The onset of COVID19 has put forward the demand for a safe working environment. Since we can only expect the unexpected in this pandemic, there is no safer choice but to work from home. Staying at home, one can be at minimum risk of contaminating the deadly coronavirus. What do you think? Can this be the next game-changer for the IT & Corporate sectors?
- Livelihood: Do you know as many as 25 million people have lost their jobs only because of COVID19? Nearly half the global workforce is at a risk. Here stands out the silver lining of work from home for IT people. The IT sector is privileged in this to run its operations via Work From Home. Not only do you wor, but also you earn bread and butter sitting at home. Isn’t that simply amazing? What do you want more in such a situation?
- Time-efficient: Working from home will save a lot of time for you, as you do not have to commute to your workplace. No need to rush from your home every morning. Not only does this save time, but it also provides you a healthy well being. Now, you can peacefully avoid those long queues at the bus stands or metros. No more of those bustling city traffic and getting sandwiched in crowded trains.
- Flexible schedule: Your work schedule is flexible than ever before. You can march and work at your own rhythm. Complete your office works in time and short breaks any time you feel like. This flexible time schedule allows you to have lunch at your own comfortable time.
- Better Work/Life Balance: The family bond between you and your family members will cherish. You will be more close to your family as soon as you are done with office workloads. You can peacefully manage your work and personal life at ease.
- Focus: With some willpower and a steady routine, you’ll soon learn to avoid being distracted by the TV or your next load of laundry. And, in fact, you should find yourself getting more done when you work remotely. That’s because you can control your working situation much more.
- New skills: You don’t have colleagues just a few feet away or a tech team one floor down, you’ll find yourself developing the skill of looking for your own answers and becoming more proactive to find what you need on your own. Of course, you can still ask questions and get help if you need to. But, a lot of the time, you can do a Google search, download a free guide, or check out the wiki to find the answer yourself just as quickly. You’ll also end up with some skills simply because you need them to work well remotely.
Working from home looks easy and promising, but it requires a lot of hard work. You need to be disciplined, productive, and effective in your projects and presentations. If you can maintain your focus, let me tell you, work from home will be a true blessing for you.
Narmada has started her career in 2018 and currently working as an SEO manager at Cybertoss Pvt. Ltd. She is a Geography graduate from Calcutta University. She has been a passionate reader for a very long time and she has a keen interest in reading novels and short stories of different authors. Her most favorites are William Wordsworth, Rabindranath Tagore, and Rudyard Kipling. Traveling and exploring the different corners of the world is also one of the things, she is passionate about.
This blog and its contents are sole property of Cybertoss Pvt. Ltd, ©